Wednesday 29 November 2017

Chris's last Wednesday

If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that Chris
(my sister-in-law) and myself get together on a Wednesday, most weeks of the year.
One week I go to her house and the following week she comes to mine.
We have done this for a number of years.
Today Chris has come over to mine for the last time this year, as she and David
are off to Australia for a whole month, to see their son Richard, who lives there.
So I won't see her until next year!!

She brought our Christmas card over, and I think it is beautiful,
so I asked her if could share it with you. She said yes, of course!
So here it is
 it looks quite inconspicuous

Front view closed

But when you open it - Wow!!

Middle - fully open

View from above.

Isn't this fantastic!  Behind the oval cut outs are pieces of Parchment/Vellum
and behind these are the die cut little houses from the
Hometown Greetings Edgelits  Die set.

I have put a battery night light behind the cut outs, and it looks stunning
in the dark, but alas, my photography skills are lacking, and I cant get a good photo.

Thank you Chris for this beautiful card, and for giving me the instructions
on how to make it - I wont mention that they are in German!!
I have started to make it and it is coming on nicely.
When it's finished I will post my version!

Meantime Chris,  have a fabulous time in Australia, and give Richard a big hug and kiss from me!


7 comments:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.